[ Back ] [ Up ] [ Next ]
Objects contained in the Constitution
After ten years of activities the Committee has reviewed the Constitution and
refined the Objects.
The Society is now registered as a charitable entity under the new Charities
A copy of the full Constitution is available on request.
The objects for which the society is established are:
- To create walkways and walking access in the Ohinemuri District, which
includes but is not limited to: research, planning, development,
construction, maintenance and environmental restoration.
- To liaise and work with landowners and land occupiers, other interested
groups, and local, regional and national government bodies in pursuit of our
- To promote walking and public walking facilities, including the
establishment of a database of information on route, distance, ease and time
to walk on the different walks in the Waihi area.
- To identify, research and promote historical, cultural or geographical
features, areas and information, linked with the walkways, their environs
and in the district generally.
- To promote access to public land
- To promote environmental awareness and restoration
- To sponsor and foster societies with similar aims.
- To take such steps as deemed expedient by the Society for the procurement
of funds for the work of the Society.
- To acquire by purchase or lease or otherwise acquire lands, buildings and
all others property that the Society is deemed to require to carry out its
- To sell, improve, maintain, manage, exchange, lease, mortgage, dispose of,
turn to account or otherwise deal with all or part of the property, assets
and rights of the society.
- To raise or borrow money in such a manner and upon such security (if any)
as the Committee of the Society shall think fit.
- To invest and deal with the monies of the Society not immediately required
upon such securities or otherwise in such a manner as may from time to time
- To do any act, matter or thing which may appear to the Committee of the
Society to be incidental or conducive towards carrying into effect or
attainment the objects of the Society.
- From time to time to set more specific short, medium and long-term goals
and strategies which promote the above objects.
Back to Top